Many sources discharge visible emissions into the atmosphere. ETA’s trained observers employ EPA reference methods to determine the opacity of the emissions. ETA is nationally recognized as the prime source of opacity monitoring using visual and instrumental methods.
ETA’s opacity monitoring services include:
- Providing high-quality visible emissions monitoring services for sources.
- Determining source compliance status.
- Supporting permitting and performance testing.
- Detecting problem sources.
- Evaluation of condensing and reacting plumes.
- Evaluating sources and gathering evidence for litigation.
ETA’s staff has an unparalleled knowledge of VE observation techniques for varying sources and varying conditions, problem solving, and troubleshooting. In addition to being Method 9 certified, ETA’s staff is trained in the use of state-of-the-art instrumentation and computer software that determines a correct reading position. This can mean substantial savings for the client.
In addition to instrumental and human VE observations, ETA can provide a service that other firms cannot: computer-digitized plume analysis. The utilization of high-resolution imagery allows ETA to perform analyses of plume condensation/reaction in real time. This helps clients receive countless difficult plume observation and control scenarios.